Monday, April 26, 2010

Who is this guy anyway?

I thought I'd take a minute to give a little background about myself... I always like to know a little about the folks whose work I'm reading. It seems to give a kind of grounding to the story if you know that the person who wrote it lives in the mountains, or is one of twelve children, etc.

So here's my info, and forgive me if I'm a little cryptic. I still don't entirely trust this Internet thingy when it comes to privacy. I'm a white male, inching up on forty, have been happily married to Amy, my high school sweetheart for 16 years and have an equally sweet daughter Lily who will be 2 years old by the time I finish this post (at least it seems to go that fast).

We live in a townhouse in a lovely wooded co-op on the edge of a large college town in the Midwest. It's the town where my family moved when I was in the eighth grade, and I've lived here ever since. My parents are still here in town -- my mother works for the same company that she joined in 1985, and my in-laws (who I get along very well with, contrary to myth) live in northern Alabama, a full day's drive away and a great place to vacation at least once a year.

I work for the website of a major book retailer but actually know very little about the technical side of it all... I suppose there are a lot of us out there now. I know how to do the things I need to get done, but don't have to deal with the icky cyberguts of tables and UNIX and all that.

And I guess that's mostly what you need to know. You'll find out the rest on a need-to-know basis, but I'm guessing that if you're reading this, you already know most of this stuff.

Okay, I'll get to the real stuff here soon, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment